Corporate partnerships are mutually beneficial for both the charity and your company/place of work, so why not choose to support MOVE or nominate us for a charity of the year partnership and gain from the satisfaction of knowing your efforts have made a huge difference and that you will expereince the type of personalised service and satisfaction of knowing that only a small charity can provide.
The benefits of supporting the development of the MOVE Programme through a charity partnership are clear to see and easy to understand. Please see our case studies page for a few examples of the difference the MOVE Programme can make.
Potential benefits to your company / place of work in undertaking a charity partnership:
- Charity activities help to motivate and engage with staff and boost morale
- Help to raise your profile within your own or other communities
- Brand awareness and corporate image are developed
There are many ways to get involved in fundraising in the work place whether via a charity of the year partnership or one off events.
- Celebrate MOVE Day – along with other schools, centres and businesses across the country
- Dress down, dress loud and proud, or dress in MOVE Colours day - Pay to come into work dressed in the theme and charge those that don’t enter into the spirit of the event double!
- Job Swap - Would you like to swap jobs with someone for a few hours? Perhaps you would like to see someone else doing your job for an afternoon? A job swap could raise money through sponsorship or by asking people to bid for the job they would like to do!
- Hold a charity competition – whether it’s a football tournament, darts, a tug of war or fancy dress, employees can compete with each other to see who really is the champion in the work place, with everyone paying a donation to take part or not to take part!
- Guess the baby competition - Colleagues bring in photos of themselves as a baby. Number the photos and charge a small fee to enter the competition. Once you have entered, you receive a sheet with numbers on and have to write the name of the member of staff whose photo it is, next to the relevant number. Set a deadline and then mark all of the entries, giving a prize to the winner.
- Lunchtime Quiz or Bingo! - Why not run a bingo tournament or a quiz at lunchtime? Charge individuals or teams to enter and the winner could receive half the entry fee or some other prize.
- Adopt a Collection box - Whether it’s placed as a swear jar in a communal area or it’s on the reception desk, every penny collected will go towards the development of the MOVE Programme.
- Weekly or monthly lottery bonus ball - Everyone pays £1 and chooses a number from 1-49 (only one person per number). The person whose number comes up as the bonus ball in the national lottery draw wins half of the takings and the remainder goes to charity.
- Matched Funding - Some larger organisations have a matched giving scheme, whereby they will match whatever their employees raise for a good cause – this could double your contribution!
- Events – Run a sponsored MOVE event just for your staff whether a walk, a skydive or a firewalk we will provide you with support and advice to help your event go with a bang!
If you’d like talk to about how your place of work can support MOVE or to find out more about our work with disabled children, please call 020 7403 6382 or email us
Click here to go back to support us